Terms of Reference
The Licensing Subcommittee plays a key advisory role to inform HSICT decisions about licensing models and negotiates the licensing of new and existing products.
- Maintain awareness about developments in the electronic publishing field and assess the implications of these developments for the Consortium;
- Advise on licensing models appropriate for the membership;
- Actively seek and promote cooperative licensing opportunities for HSICT;
- Conduct licensing negotiations with the Executive Director as appropriate to ensure the best value for members
- Advise on the implications of signing agreements with vendors/publishers;
- Maintain and strengthen liaison with the University of Toronto electronic collections development.
- 15 members maximum; all members of the committee are required to attend meetings regularly and participate actively; in the event that a member is unable to attend a meeting on site, he/she is encouraged to join the meeting by teleconference;
- The minimum term for membership on the committee is 12 months; half of the members of the committee will serve for a 12 month term; half will serve for 24 month term;
- Initially the Chair is the Executive Director of the HSICT;
- The committee will meet at least 4 times a year; more frequent meetings may be required during renewal periods
- Meetings are open to all Consortium members.