Measuring Value Task Force
Terms of Reference
The Task Force on Measuring the Value of Library Services was formed in February 2013, first meeting March 2013, in response to Goal B of the
HSICT Operational Plan. The Task Force was established to develop and identify performance indicators that demonstrate the impact our members have on health care and research within their
- Identify measures for our members that are relevant to clinical practice, patient care, public health, research, & health policy
- Share best practices in benchmarking guidelines and health library standards, and
- Help our members to function as high level professionals, who will raise the profile of our field.
- Survey members for:
- Current practices
- Expressed needs in reporting value
- Tools, methods, tips to share.
- Establish standard benchmarks that can be used or customized for regular reporting.
- Recommend survey methodology for periodic evaluation of services.
- Create a toolbox of resources, including those developed by our members, on a web platform accessible to our members.
- Create a brief resource list of research based reports and articles
that support the value of library and information services in health
- Work with TAHSNe member librarians to ensure resources and methods are shared.
The Task Force includes representatives from a cross section of HSICT libraries including a designated representative of a TAHSNe member
library. The Executive Director is also a member.
Sheila LaCroix (CAMH) & Jeanna Hough (Halton Health)
Meetings and Reporting
Meetings will be held bi-monthly. The Co-Chairs will report regularly to Management Committee and will provide a progress report at the HSICT
AGM and a final report April, 2014.
To June 30, 2014