Terms of Reference
The SIRSI Implementation Team provides a single source of SIRSI expertise and knowledge in support of member libraries migrating to the University of Toronto Libraries’ SIRSI catalogue. The team is organized in three sub-groups consisting of two individuals plus one backup individual each for the following SIRSI modules: cataloguing, circulation and serials.
- Receive questions from Consortium members regarding the SIRSI system;
- Obtain answers to those questions from the UTL staff members identified as team contacts, and post the answers to the Consortium consort-info listserv
- Compile answers posted to the listserv and put them on the SIRSI FAQ web page (Consortium Executive Director);
- Attend meetings of UTL standing committees (Circulation Services, Cataloguing and Authorities Users Group and Serials Users Group); One member from each sub-group will attend each meeting and report back to the membership;
- As required, conduct surveys of Consortium members and compile data related to SIRSI implementation
- As required, conduct training of Consortium members either individually or in a class.
Initial membership will consist of 6 individuals from the early-adopting Consortium libraries, plus the Consortium Executive Director, who will act as team coordinator.
The team will meet on an as-needed basis. Much of its work will be done via email.
See also SIRSI Tools and Resources (members only).